In this post we have collected a list of Biology mnemonics for you from various sources to help you make your study biology easier. We hope these biology study tips will save you some time and help you study biology better.
Learning new concepts in Biology can be difficult but with the help of some cleverly formed mnemonics studying biology can be made easy.
Remember you can develop your own Biology Mnemonics or modify the ones we have provided to help you better learn Biology. Mnemonics are meant to help you remember long term and not just memorize for a test and forget about it. If you take the time to practice these biology mnemonics, they will help you build strong fundamentals of biology and build a lifetime understanding of some of the most important concepts of Biology.
To remember Krebs Cycle (Citric acid cycle, Tricarboxylic acid cycle)
- Caesar’s Armies Invaded Other Kingdoms Searching For Many Oranges.
Collared Central Intelligence Agent Spoke Slander For Money.
also remember succiNATE is LATE (comes after succinyl coA) smiling face
CIA sends soldiers from Michigan/Ontario
C- Cis -aconitase
I- Isocitrate dehydrogenase
S-Succinyl CoA thiokinase
Essential amino acid
|Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine, Histidine, Asparagine, (Selenocysteine – usually omitted)|
- PVT TIM HaLLand TT HALL Very IMPortant.
- LIFT HIM KIW(V)I
- TV FILM HW(R)K.
- Any Help In Learning These Little Molecules Proves Truly Valuable.This method begins with the two amino acids that need some qualifications as to their requirements.
- There as [a] fat man [that] hated vanilla icing, [but] loved Kit-Kats.
The 4 Stages of Mitosis
1) PMAT: The four stages of mitosis (in order):
For: Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase
2)ProMote Another Tadpole
Prophase I, Metaphase I, Anaphase I, Telophase I,
Prophase II, Metaphase II, Anaphase II, Telophase II,
(Note in Meiosis: 4 haploid daughter cells instead of 2 diploid daughter cells)
Stages of embryonic development:
Zygote, Morula, Blastula, Gastrula, Neurla.
“Zikes! Martin is a Big Giant Nerd!”
Biology Mnemonics for the four amine bases in the DNA structure
At The Girl’s Club = AT + GC
Adenine pairs with Thymine
Guanine pairs with Cytosine
Stages of Cell Cycle
Go Sally Go, Make Chicken
G1 PHASE (GROWTH PHASE 1)
S PHASE (DNA SYNTHESIS)
G2 PHASE (GROWTH PHASE 2)
Types of blots:
SNOW= DROP( Match first letter of first word to first letter of second)
- “EXons EXpressed, INtrons IN the trash”
- DNA expression into mature mRNA
“CUT the PY”
- Cytosine, Uracil, and Thiamine are PYrimidines (one-ring structures)
- Guanine and Adenine are PURines (two-ring structures)
“All Tigers Can Growl”
- Adenine bonds to Thymine; Cytosine bonds to Guanine
Or, “Pure Silver Taxi”
- Purines, A and G, bond to pyrimidines, T and C, respectively